Someone asked me why she does physical therapy for lung disease. I asked why wouldn’t she do physical therapy for lung disease.
1. When your lungs don’t allow for a great deal of physical exercise, it’s important to keep your body strong in other ways.
2. If your sick, hospitalized, or simply exhausted your body gets stiff. PT can teach you exercises you can even do in bed.
3. PT can help you learn to strengthen and open your core, and that can help with lung capacity.
4. Exercise is good for the mind, body, and spirit. Limitations aside, everyone can benefit.
5. Physical activity can reduce stress, and is proven to improve mental health.
So obviously, Lexi isn’t training for the Boston Marathon, but she is training to have her best life.